1. CORE DUTIES
• Drive sales performance and motivate sales staff on a daily basis on the floor with particular emphasis at key trading times.
• Ensure that customer service excellence is the primary focus at all times.
Particular emphasis on:-
• Customer focus
• Meet and Greet, and
• Ensuring we find out and meet the needs of our customers at all times.
• Encourage team members to maximise selling opportunities through customer interaction and upselling.
• Take personal responsibility for dealing with customer complaints and management requests in a timely manner.
• Demonstrate an awareness of and positive attitude to internal as well as external customers.
• Plan and organise workloads and rota’s for self and others.
• Encourage a proactive approach to excellent housekeeping and display standards, with an emphasis on creativity and visual treatment of products and display.
• Support company procedures to maximise the effectiveness of Navision including the use of all relevant reports and functions.
• Show commitment and energy in the role at all times – lead by example in a professional and friendly manner.
• Plan and organise perpetual inventory to ensure maximum results in accordance with KPI’s at a suitable time.
2. PEOPLE SKILLS
• Manage and motivate individuals and the team on a day by day basis. Lead from the front with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, ensuring that every team member receives all relevant information on time and has an opportunity to give feedback on a regular basis.
• Promote the benefits of effect training and development including induction.
• Promote and encourage a good team spirit at all times.
3. GENERAL DUTIES
• Assume responsibility for safe working practices, in line with Health & Safety legislation and company requirements.
• Monitor the use of correct company procedures and take corrective action where necessary.
• Liaise with other Managers and departments and offer support at key times where needed.
• Monitor and support the till team including queue management when needed.
• Ensure the daily checklist is completed in full and correctly so as the standards of the business are kept at a high standard prior to the store opening every day including staff presentation and dress code